Blackjack is probably the most skill-based game you can find in a casino. For the same reason, it is one of the gaming veterans’ favourites. While “Blackjack” is a name mostly used in the USA, the game is known as “21” in other places.
Casino blackjack is basically a hand-comparison card game. It is played between a dealer and a player or a group of players. The game is played with one or more complete decks of cards, and each card is assigned a value. While the face cards (cards with a face on it like King or Queen) are given a value of 10, all other cards have their pip value. Typically, both the player and the dealer are given 2 cards each, and the hand value is the cumulative value of these 2 cards. What you aim to do in the game is to outdo the dealer in card value and get a value near to 21. But you should keep in mind that you will lose the game if you go above this value.
The online blackjack game may involve any of the following scenarios.
- If you get a face card/10 along with an ace, you win as the total becomes 21.
- If your hand value equals or exceeds 22, you lose.
- If the dealer’s hand is going above 21, you win.
- If both the hands go above 21, the dealer wins.
- If both hands are equal, it results in a tie.
- If both hands are below 21, the one with a higher value wins.
Now we will go a bit deeper and tell you in detail how to play free blackjack games for fun.
Online Blackjack: Terms You Should Know
Although you have already seen the basic rules of blackjack online, you need to learn some standard terms used in the game to understand it better. Even if you play blackjack online free, you need to understand the essential glossary to enjoy it fully.
Hit: It means that you want to get another card.
Stand: It means that you don’t want to take any more cards. Sometimes, it is also called “stay”.
Double Down: In double down, you are given a chance to double your wager on the condition that you can get only one more card. It is usually done when you have a very favourable initial hand.
Split: If you receive two similar cards initially, you are given a chance to split your hand into 2, and take cards to complete each of these hands. You will also be allowed to place a bet equivalent to your initial bet on the extra hand. Split can be repeated in the next round also if the player receives the same cards again. However, no more than 4 hands are allowed generally.
Surrender: It is a rule that allows you to reduce your losses when you play blackjack online. When surrender is allowed, a player can get back half his wagering money and forego the other half. However, you must remember that surrender is not a general rule; some casinos don’t allow it.
Insurance: It is a side bet that is allowed only when the face-up card of the dealer is an ace. In insurance, you place a bet that the face-down card of the dealer is a 1o or a face card.
Why You Must Try Free Blackjack Games
When you play online blackjack free, you are not wagering any money, and you are not going to receive any real reward. Then why should you play it? Let’s see the pros and cons of free blackjack games to understand the reason for their immense popularity.
- Blackjack is a highly entertaining game, and even if you are trying free online blackjack, the game remains the same.
- As most of the top developers now release a demo version of their products, there are hundreds of game variants available. You can try all these without spending a penny.
- If you are going to wager real money, you must understand the rules of the game thoroughly. There is no better way to learn a game than to practice it. By taking part in blackjack online for fun, you not only learn the rules but also get the opportunity to try out your strategies and identify the mistakes you are making. It’s all the more critical because blackjack is not a purely luck-based game, and a certain level of skill is essential to do well in it.
- However, the most vital factor making free blackjack games popular is that they are free.
- You may be tempted to take part in real money wagers. Free games mostly act as an advertisement for the game.
- A minuscule minority of the players may become victims of addictive behaviour.
- However, the major drawback of free games is that they can’t win you any real money.
After considering the pros and cons, you can see that the advantages of free games far outweigh their minor problems and because of this people flock to play online blackjack.
Blackjack Online Free: Top Websites
To enjoy the real fun of blackjack, you need to try it at a reputable casino. Your gaming experience is also an essential factor in making a game enjoyable. However, choosing a single casino from the numerous options available today is no mean task, and if you are a novice in the field, a lot of effort is required to do that. However, to make the job easier for you, we have shortlisted some of the best blackjack sites you can find.
|Party Casino||Huge experience in the field
Good banking options
Good welcome bonus
|Limited VIP scheme
The payout percentage is not among the best
|Dream Vegas||Good game collection
A good VIP program
Good welcome bonus
|Loyalty program is good for high rollers only|
|Casumo||Good game collection
Good mobile experience
|PC gaming is not as good as mobile gaming
Bet size is limited and may not be suitable for those who want to wager high amounts
|Wildz Casino||A special feature named spinback
Good payment options
Long game catalog
|No telephone support|
Over 500 games to choose from
Good mobile experience
Good welcome bonus
|Loyalty scheme attractive for slots alone|
Blackjack Free: FAQ
Blackjack is a delightful game that combines both your skill and luck. It is something that you should experience at least once in your lifetime, and if you have not done it so far, now you know that there are hundreds of free blackjack casinos waiting for you.